Reflections from the Second Annual Northwest and Pacific Equity Convening
- Increasing parent and community engagement
- Reducing bullying, harassment, and discipline disparities
- Strengthening welcoming environments
Guidance from the Departments of Education and Justice on Equitable Educational Access for English Learner Students
- A fact sheet in English and in other languages about schools’ obligations under federal law to ensure that English learner students can participate meaningfully and equally in school.
- A fact sheet in English and in other languages about schools’ obligations under federal law to communicate information to limited English proficient parents in a language they can understand.
- A toolkit to help school districts identify English learner students, prepared by the Education Department’s Office of English Language Acquisition. This is the first chapter in a series of chapters to help state education agencies and school districts meet their obligations to English learner students.