Be the change you want to see in this world

"Winning starts in the mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it will achieve."
-Joaquin Nangauta Naputi

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, May 05, 2008

As challenging as life is at times, remind yourself that all things are possible for those who believe. I hope the following poem will enlighten you on this topic. Enjoy!

LET US FIND THE WAY

Let us find the way,
As hard as it may seem.
These fierce emotions I feel,
Are bending and twining me.
I want to be free;
Please let it be--
Can't stand this feeling of melancholy.
As I open my eyes,
I am burdened in deep stings;
That rush through my veins,
Stabbing my heart with no remorse.
Then lo and behold?
I hear those words saying,
"Let us find the way."
Am I hearing right?
Is there really a way to that special light?
A light that shines bright,
Ever so genuine and heavenly-filled.
Lo and behold?
There is such a light!
You grabbed my hand,
You touched my soul,
You touched my heart,
And never did let go.
You told me that we would find that way,
If I could only see within myself,
That a stinging heart is not forever;
For I can be happy--
I can fly freely;
As free as the heavenly angels that fly;
As free as the wind that blows in the air;
As free as the water that runs in our seas.
To be free is to live freely,
Without worries that depress our souls;
We need to see the light and open our minds,
To the beauty embedded within each of us;
For that is the essence that will help us find the way;
The essence of life as it ought to be!
©mnrivera

No comments: