Be the change you want to see in this world

"Winning starts in the mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it will achieve."
-Joaquin Nangauta Naputi

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, January 18, 2009













Life is not perfect, so we may experience challenges that will test our strength. If we open our eyes to the beauty within ourselves, we can free ourselves from worries and conquer the challenges that come our way. I encourage you to often reflect on the beauty of life, as it is a gift from God. Enjoy the following poem, which serves as a reminder that we can all find the way to happiness, despite the road bumps in life.

LET US FIND THE WAY

Let us find the way,
As hard as it may seem.
These fierce emotions I feel,
Are bending and twining me.
I want to be free;
Please let it be--
Can't stand this feeling of melancholy.
As I open my eyes,
I am burdened in deep stings;
That rush through my veins,
Stabbing my heart with no remorse.
Then lo and behold?
I hear those words saying,
"Let us find the way."
Am I hearing right?
Is there really a way to that special light?
A light that shines bright,
Ever so genuine and heavenly-filled.
Lo and behold?
There is such a light!
You grabbed my hand,
You touched my soul,
You touched my heart,
And never did let go.
You told me that we would find that way,
If I could only see within myself,
That a stinging heart is not forever;
For I can be happy--
I can fly freely;
As free as the heavenly angels that fly;
As free as the wind that blows in the air;
As free as the water that runs in our seas.
To be free is to live freely,
Without worries that depress our souls;
We need to see the light and open our minds,
To the beauty embedded within each of us;
For that is the essence that will help us find the way;
The essence of life as it ought to be!
©mnrivera

INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE: All is possible for those who believe! YOU CAN DO IT!

Source: Guam Poets Club, URL: www.geocities.com/guampoetsonline

No comments: