Be the change you want to see in this world

"Winning starts in the mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it will achieve."
-Joaquin Nangauta Naputi

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, February 21, 2009













Words that naturally flow from your thoughts and feelings are a form of art called poetry. It’s a good practice to keep a journal by your side, so that you can write to your heart’s content, no matter where you are. Even when people criticize what you write, you should not be discouraged. After all, we’re all entitled to our own opinions, and just because someone says something negative, our freedom to express our own thoughts and feelings can overpower the naysayers. Believe in yourself, express yourself, and let your poetry flow from the depths of your heart! I hope you enjoy the following poem, which relates to this very subject:


MY POETRY

My imagination runs wild,
As I grab a pen and write away.
The emotions linger about,
Pushing me to set it free.
It shall be set free in the words that I write.
It shall be set free in the feelings that I express.
It shall be set free, just by knowing it is mine.
My own thoughts,
My own words,
My own feelings --
That in itself is poetry,
Whether it is liked by others or not;
I know this to be true,
That as long as it is dear to my heart,
It's as special as can be,
And no one can deny that it is poetry!
©mnrivera


INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE: Poetry comes naturally from thy heart.

Source: Guam Poets Club, URL: www.geocities.com/guampoetsonline

No comments: