- Pre-Reading strategy that guides the ELs in the comprehension process.
- Enables teachers to prepare questions in advance of reading.
- Guides students as they complete their reading assignment.
- Teacher can help students develop their own questions, which will help them establish purpose and focus.
- Great strategy in activating prior knowledge.
- Students get an idea of what they are going to be exposed to from the reading.
Be the change you want to see in this world
"Winning starts in the mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it will achieve."
-Joaquin Nangauta Naputi
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
Study Guides and Strategies
Author: Joe F. Landsberger
Website address: http://www.studygs.net/preread.htm
5 attributes for building literacy of English Learners:
* Culturally relevant -- Culture(s): All
* Effective strategy for English Learners -- Strategy name: Pre Questions
* Authority -- Well known source
* Age Appropriate -- Grade Level: 6th-8th
* Navigation with ease -- Links, design, feedback buttons: Accessible