Be the change you want to see in this world

"Winning starts in the mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it will achieve."
-Joaquin Nangauta Naputi

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, August 04, 2008

My Nenis

Hafa Adai! As part of my commitment to continue to share cultural poems relating to our beautiful island of Guam and its people, here’s Korasón Poem #11 titled Neni. Enjoy!

Neni -

Neni*, neni…
My neni girl
My neni boys
Oh how I love you three!
You bring meaning into my life
And make it all more worthwhile
With so much to give
With so much love
With so much to learn from
And strengthening a bond that will last a lifetime!
I love you my neni girl and boys.
© mnrivera and ltgumataotao

*Neni: baby

Source: Our Native Daughters’ Reflection of Guam and Its People by Dr. Matilda Naputi Rivera and Lois Taitano Gumataotao

No comments: